- Finally, A Feminism 101 Blog - Frequently Answered Questions
- Feminist Literature (Tumblr)
- Feminist texts written by women of color (Tumblr)
- fuckyeahfeminists (Tumblr)
- grrrlpower (Tumblr)
Racism, Race, & Culture
- Institutional/Structural Racism Within a Context: A Historical Glimpse at the Concept of “Race”
- Definitions - Racism Free Ontario Initiative
- Different Forms of Racism
- What is a Microaggression? What are Racial Microagressions?
- Appropriation vs. Appreciation
- A Look at the Myth of Reverse Racism
- Who are People of Colour? Why can’t I use the term “coloured”?
- Colourblindness: Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism
- The Angry Eye part 1 (YouTube)
- The Angry Eye part 2 (YouTube)
- Racialicious (Tumblr)
- brashblacknonbeliever (Tumblr)
Sizeism & Body Positivity
- Big Fat List of Myth-Defying Health Resources (Tumblr)
- Hey Fatties/QPOCAS Resources (Google Docs)
- Obesity, Health, and Metabolic Fitness
- Don’t You Realize Fat Is Unhealthy?
- Diets Don’t Work, But…
- Reality vs. Relativism
- THE HAES MANIFESTO (pdf)
- Fat Acceptance FAQ
- redefiningbodyimage (Tumblr)
- Project Queer (Tumblr)
- The Safe Space Network (Tumblr)
- Not Your Mom’s Trans 101
- Trans* Awareness (Tumblr)
- Trans Etiquette 101: No Offense, But That’s Offensive (Tumblr)
- So what’s a genderqueer, eh? (Tumblr)
- Gender Neutral Pronoun Blog
- (AVEN) Asexual Visibility and Education Network
- What is Biphobia?
- The Intersex Roadshow
- (ILGA) International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association
- (GLAAD) Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino
- Ableist Word Profile
- FWD/Forward: FWD (feminists with disabilities) for a way forward.
- Where’s the Benefit?
- Bad Cripple
- Leaving Evidence
- Diary of a Benefit Scrounger
- Don’t Support Autism Speaks
- I’m Autistic, But Autism Speaks Doesn’t Speak for Me.
- An Autistic Speaks About Autism Speaks
- Why I am against Autism Speaks (Tumblr)
- Checking Your Privilege 101 (pdf)
- Male privilege checklist (pdf)
- White Privilege Checklist (pdf)
- Binary-Gender Privilege Checklist
- the dfab trans* privilege checklist (Tumblr)
- Cis Privilege Checklist
- Heterosexual privilege checklist (pdf)
- Monogamous Privilege Checklist
- The Neurotypical Privilege Checklist
- Christian Privilege Checklist (Tumblr)
- Christian Privileges in American Society: Hidden Ways Christians are Privileged
- Privilege even in veganism
- Vegan Privilege
- A List Of Privilege Lists
Really can’t stress enough how much being a survivor of abuse is not a job. It does not come with any obligations.
If you don’t have the energy or ability—or simply don’t want—to become a politically active anti-abuse advocate, to warn everyone in your abuser’s path, to seek justice through the courts or otherwise? You don’t have to.
You didn’t choose to be abused, so you didn’t take on any moral obligations that a non-survivor doesn’t have.
does your brain ever just produce disturbingly violent thoughts out of nowhere
like terrible, horrible, thoughts
for no reason at all
and then you snap out of it and you’re like
i don’t want to kill my mom
what the fuck
Wendy Flynn (via kvtes)
this is my philosophy towards writing. the other day i was thinking to myself: what is my place in this world? who am i? what do i enjoy? and the answer is: i love writing. i am a writer. i could be the shittest writer in the world, but as long as i am a writer, i am being true to myself and true to the art and that is beautiful in itself. no one starts off amazing at anything. i will improve. i will write until everything i have to say is said and then i will go out and live some more and have more to say and life is this big beautiful cycle that i am part of that i am contributing to just by breathing. i am enough.
Kid in my lit class
Simple yet very true.
sticks and stones may break my bones, but language dictates everything from social norms to legislation and it’s indeed often used to bolster violence and oppression sooOo